Lordship Title of Millbrook
History from: 1287
History to: 1584
Here is a title for the motoring enthusiasts among you. Although this is a minor lordship in Millbrook parish, the user can still use the title of Lord of Millbrook as well as Millbrook Templar. The name derives from the fact that this lordship was owned by the Knights Templar (the famous warrior clergy). At the beginning of the 14th century, they are hunted down and executed, and their wealth is confiscated, because Pope Clement, and many monarchs throughout Europe, fear their wealth and influence. The Millbrook lordship, like many Templar holdings, passes to the Knights Hospitallers. They had a similar mandate to the Templars; to care for and defend the city of Jerusalem. As they are based in Catholicism, Millbrook is taken into Crown control after the suppression of the monasteries. Millbrook is then granted to Sir Richard Longe, Governor of Guernsey. His son Henry, the 5th Lord of Millbrook, is a godchild of Henry VIII. Henry becomes High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire, then a Knight of the County and Member of Parliament for Cambridgeshire.
Price: £3,500 to become the 6th Lord and Lady of Millbrook